Twelve weeks of Pumpkin continues with this delightfully delicious appetizer… Pumpkin & Bacon Crostini! Pumpkin AND bacon in one dish… sign me up, YES, please! Only one word could describe these and that is… AMAZ! A few weeks ago few new friend of mine Olivia of Corporate Catwalk decided to host a Fashion Blogger get together at her house, to give us a chance to meet others fashion bloggers in NYC. The theme was “Wine & Cheese”… simply enough, but Olivia, knowing my obsession with pumpkin, asked that I make a little appetizer to bring along, I of course jumped at the chance. After days of trying to figure out exactly what I wanted to bring, I didn’t want to go the traditional sweet route, so I decided on a hearty crostini, and I’m so glad I did.
The Pumpkin & Bacon Crostini was a BIG hit and super easy to make. Perfect for your next get together with your friends or as an appetizer for a welcome to autumn dinner party. Check out the details below…
- 2 small loafs of bread (I used pumpernickel)
- 1/3 can of 16 oz. pumpkin puree
- 4 oz. of goat cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- EVOO for drizzle
- Ground sage for garnish
- 6 strips of cooked bacon
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees
- Mix pumpkin and goat cheese together in a small bowl; add maple syrup, black pepper, and salt and mix well; set aside
- Break bacon in to small pieces, set aside
- Slice bread, about 1/4″ thick; place bread on baking sheet and drizzle both sides with EVOO; place bread in the over and bake for 5 min on each side, careful not to burn
- Remove and let cool
- Once cooled, spread pumpkin mixture on to crostini, sprinkle with ground sage
- Make your crostini sparkle with a piece or two (or three) of bacon
- Place on a serving tray and enjoy!
For more crostini recipes… be sure to check out my “Grilled Peach & Goat Cheese Crostini” on MadeByGirl, where I’m currently a food contributor!